Ancestry.com and Family Search

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
zaza

Ancestry.com and Family Search

Post by zaza »

I have been a paid participant of Ancestry.com, but recently my account is inactive...time to pay up again. Should I pay for the service for a few months or wait to be automatically connected when
Ancestry.com and Family Search merge? I am aware that members of the church will receive free access soon.
Thank you,
Shauna Scanlon, member of the church
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Ancestry.com and Family Search

Post by aebrown »

zaza wrote:Should I pay for the service for a few months or wait to be automatically connected when Ancestry.com and Family Search merge?
Ancestry.com and FamilySearch are not merging. Ancestry.com is a for-profit company. FamilySearch is part of the Church, obviously a non-profit entity.
zaza wrote:I am aware that members of the church will receive free access soon.
Members of the Church already have the option for free access to Ancestry.com (and MyHeritage and FindMyPast). Visit https://familysearch.org/partneraccess to create free accounts. You'll also have the option to link your existing Ancestry.com account to your FamilySearch account (which in your case is certainly the way to go).

Return to “Church Account”