Reset lds.org account

LDS Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to LDS Account (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
bradh

Reset lds.org account

Postby bradh » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:06 am

I have a member of my ward that does not remember their login for LDS.org. AND they no longer have access to the email address it was setup with. So requesting the user info will not work for them. Is there anyway to have the account reset so that they can create a new login with a new email address?

techgy
Community Moderators

Re: Reset lds.org account

Postby techgy » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:33 am

bradh wrote:I have a member of my ward that does not remember their login for LDS.org. AND they no longer have access to the email address it was setup with. So requesting the user info will not work for them. Is there anyway to have the account reset so that they can create a new login with a new email address?
There are several options for resetting the password on an LDS Account. One of them will require the individual to provide their membership number. Once access is granted they can then provide a new Email. Have them go to http://ldsaccount.lds.org and follow the instructions on the "Can't Sign In".

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Postby jdlessley » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:55 am

Even if the e-mail address used to sign up for an LDS Account is no longer valid a user can recover their username and password.

Have the member go to the LDS Account sign in page and click the "Can't Sign In?" button. On the LDS Account Support page click "How do I recover my user name?". On the "Forgot Your User Name?" page check the checkbox for "I don't have/remember my e-mail". Then select "Yes" for "Are you an LDS Church member?". The member will then be prompted to enter his/her MRN and birthdate. After a pop-up box asking the member to confirm whether the individual information is him/her is acknowledged, the user is shown the registered e-mail address and given the opportunity to change it. Once the e-mail address is changed the user will be taken back to the "Forgot Your User Name?" page to enter the e-mail address now registered to the user account. When the member completes that page an e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address with a instructions to recover the username and password.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:19 pm

It would be great if clerks could reset the account username and password for a member.

Biggles

Postby Biggles » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:28 am

sbradshaw wrote:It would be great if clerks could reset the account username and password for a member.

Why?

Surely a member, at some point, needs to take responsibility for their own log in?

mevans

Postby mevans » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:35 pm

sbradshaw wrote:It would be great if clerks could reset the account username and password for a member.

I'm a clerk and I did this, but not in the way you envision: I went to the member's house and helped him through the "Can't Sign In" steps. We got him reset and logging in again.

ZENZELENGUBS

Postby ZENZELENGUBS » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:55 pm

No it will still not work that way.

first step is to help then get a new email or use the current available one that their are using, then update it on their membership record. Then you can help them recover their LDS Account

Return to “LDS Account”