How can ward or Stake leaders know who has an LDS Account

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

jdlessley wrote:I can see a lot of the benefits. But I can also see the privacy issues. Releasing who has an account without their permission is a breach of privacy. For more information read the privacy policy at the LDS Account Sign In page.
Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm not seeing where the privacy policy would be violated at all. In fact, the last sentence of of paragraph 3 states...
In addition, your membership information, including your personal contact information, may be shared with Church leadership for internal Church purposes.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

First, I think your quote of my post missed the change that I made to adjust the words "is a breach of privacy" to "could be a breach of privacy". Local privacy laws vary even within the U.S. from state to state. I am more concerned with what is stated (or not stated) in section 2 and not what is stated in section 3. Section 3 deals with a member's Church membership information and not the linkage to the ownership of an account.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

jdlessley wrote:...and not the linkage to the ownership of an account.
I think this is the difference in our thinking. I'm not asking for anything that would reveal any link between specific MLS and LDS Access accounts. A flag in MLS that simply indicated *IF* a member had established an LDS Account, would not have to reveal anything about the LDS Account itself, including their UserName or any other identifiable information.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
AdamDenison

Can you see who in your ward has an LDS Account?

Post by AdamDenison »

We are trying to figure out who in our ward already has an LDS Account. I seem to remember there was a report that showed this, but can't find it online nor in MLS. We'd like to extend personal invitations to register for an account to those who have not yet done so.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Can you see who in your ward has an LDS Account?

Post by lajackson »

AdamDenison wrote:We are trying to figure out who in our ward already has an LDS Account.
At the Classic site, a web site administrator could see a list of those who had accounts. There is no way for local leaders to see this information with LDS Account. However, anyone who is using the Calendar or other resources at LDS.org will have an account, or who is working on their family history, or any of a dozen other things.
mevans

Re: Can you see who in your ward has an LDS Account?

Post by mevans »

The quick answer is no.

There is a forum for LDS Account discussion. This question has been asked there.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Moderator Note

Post by jdlessley »

mevans wrote:There is a forum for LDS Account discussion. This question has been asked there.
[Moderator note: This post and the three previous posts have been merged with the thread from another thread on the same topic from the General Discussions forum. The discussion of this thread will provide some helpful information.]
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Church Account”