How can ward or Stake leaders know who has an LDS Account

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
jasonhyer

How can ward or Stake leaders know who has an LDS Account

Post by jasonhyer »

Is there a way for ward and stake leaders to determine who in their unit has an LDS account? On the old Local Unit Web Sites we could see who had an account but now that the LDS Account is administered globally, is there any way for us to see that information now?
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

Unfortunately, there isn't a way. You can just ask your members who can log in to LDS.org.

I know this is a frequent question, and I actually brought it up with developers last week, but I believe that exposing everyone's LDS Account poses security and privacy risks.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

johnsonth wrote:...but I believe that exposing everyone's LDS Account poses security and privacy risks.
I'm not sure it needs to expose their LDS Account [username]. What if there was a flag in MLS or Leader Services that simply indicated whether any particular member had registered for an LDS Account or not?
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

Mikerowaved wrote:What if there was a flag in MLS or Leader Services that simply indicated whether any particular member had registered for an LDS Account or not?

Yes, a flag would be great!
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

I don't think its important enough to worry about. Give them the information on how to make and account, the reason way they should have an account and then let them do as they please.
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

Gary_Miller wrote:I don't think its important enough to worry about. Give them the information on how to make and account, the reason way they should have an account and then let them do as they please.

While I understand your sentiment, from the perspective of a stake leader, your answer is quite simplistic. What is the point of developing and using all of these tools if we can't determine who is utilizing them. I can put the calendar online, populate lesson schedules, provide updates to the newsletter app but if my members don't have an LDS Account what good does it do them?

Think of our efforts to get members involved in family history or searching for a job. Both of those applications require an lds account. Leaders need an lds account to access the online tools for their callings. If I know people do or don't have an lds account, I can proactively reach out to them to assist them in getting an account setup. Having this one additional piece of information can easily assist us in directing our efforts in ministering and communicating with our members.

Is this essential information, no. Can it provide huge benefits, yes. The information is available, a way just needs to be found to provide it to the right people.
csgibb

Post by csgibb »

I agree a flag would be wonderful!! I can't tell you the number of times I've had to print several lists of all the member names and record numbers for Family History classes, activities and leader requests.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

jasonhyer wrote:Is this essential information, no. Can it provide huge benefits, yes. The information is available, a way just needs to be found to provide it to the right people.
Talk up whats available and implement the use in your ward. Give the members the information needed to get signed up and let them take care of it themselves, help them if they want help, . Its no ones business but the individuals on whither they have an account or not, not even the Bishops.
brianrhunt

reporting on members who have a lds.org login.

Post by brianrhunt »

Gary_Miller wrote:Talk up whats available and implement the use in your ward. Give the members the information needed to get signed up and let them take care of it themselves, help them if they want help, . Its no ones business but the individuals on whither they have an account or not, not even the Bishops.

I would really like to see a report on which members have a lds.org login, it only has to have a tick or a x. For now we are talking it up to encourage members. I look forward to the day when our Bishop stands up at the beginning of Sacrament meeting and holds up a copy of the Ward Newsletter that was done on lds.org and encourages members to all have their own copy with them next week. For most there has to be an obvious benefit to get started.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

brianrhunt wrote:I would really like to see a report on which members have a lds.org login, it only has to have a tick or a x.
I can see a lot of the benefits. But I can also see the privacy issues. Releasing who has an account without their permission could be a breach of privacy. For more information read the privacy policy at the LDS Account Sign In page.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Church Account”