Strange authentication things happening this week?

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
mevans

Strange authentication things happening this week?

Post by mevans »

The LDS Account login page has changed. One day when I logged in it looked like it was in the middle of being changed and probably a CSS was missing. However, I was able to log in.

I'm noticing some differences later in the week that I haven't experienced previously (and I log in nearly every day).

#1) Some pages I go to have started giving me warnings that they contain both secure and non-secure content. I've never seen those browser warnings prior to this week.

#2) My login status isn't carrying over to other pages that are opened the way it used to be. For example, I'm reading the Teachings of the Presidents lesson manual and click on a scripture and a new window opens. In this window I am not signed in and need to sign in again if I want access to my study notebook.

Interestingly, I just tried out my same scenario (go to LDS.org/lesson, log in, click on the Elders Quorum Teachings of the Presidents lesson, which opens another tab, then click on a scripture, which opens another window) on multiple Mac browsers (FF, Safari, Chrome). When my scripture window opened I needed to sign in, except one time on Safari it passed on my credentials. I tried again and it didn't.

I'm posting here on LDS Account because this is where I've noticed a change on the website this week and it's been after the LDS Account login changes that I've started experiencing problems with the web site.
mevans

Post by mevans »

With a little more investigation, it appears to me that the problem is limited to opening the scriptures. The scriptures appear immediately, but the page is still working...after about 60 seconds (which is a very long time), I'm finally logged in.

I've seen this problem before with the scriptures, but it's been a while. The problem seems to have shown up along with the recent changes in the LDS Account login page.

Return to “Church Account”