LDS Account Not Finding Missionary Papers

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
toddnielson

LDS Account Not Finding Missionary Papers

Post by toddnielson »

I received a call from one of our bishops (I'm the stake clerk) who has been using the option of helping a candidate fill out his mission papers in the MSS system. They have gotten to the point where the candidate needs to sign in with his own account to "Review and Accept Privacy Agreement" and "Submit Electronic Recommendation." The candidate is able to sign in with his own account, but for some reason, he is not seeing his paperwork. Somehow, the recommendation work they have done so far is not properly linked to his account so he can't complete these final steps.

Any idea on what is happening here? Is there a support number they can call to get this resolved?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The connection is going to be via the Membership number. I'd check your paperwork to make sure that you are processing the correct membership record, and that the membership has the right MRN associated with his LDS Account. The only way I know to do that is have him Sign into ldsaccount.lds.org; verify that on the right hand side, it says "You have entered your Membership information". Then check that the birthdate matches what's in his membership record.

If you really want to check his LDS Account, have him go to ldsaccount.lds.org, click "Can't sign in?", check "Forgot Your User Name?" and check "I don't have/remember my e-mail" and follow the directions. See if the name you get using the MRN matches the LDS Account he's been using.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility there's a duplicate membership record for this member. You have one record and his account is associated with the other one.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”