LDS tools does not Sync in my new Android phone

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDS tools does not Sync in my new Android phone

Post by russellhltn »

jonesrk wrote:I wonder if something changed in the sync backend services for the beta and if it is causing issues for the non-beta version. It could also be something specific to one of the units in your stake, but it would have to be somewhat common as there are multiple people having issues.
This post suggests the issue is with membership information as his wife is able to sync on his phone when his login can't.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

russellhltn wrote:
jonesrk wrote:I wonder if something changed in the sync backend services for the beta and if it is causing issues for the non-beta version. It could also be something specific to one of the units in your stake, but it would have to be somewhat common as there are multiple people having issues.
This post suggests the issue is with membership information as his wife is able to sync on his phone when his login can't.
Yes, but those that are having issues have leadership callings that give them the extra reports and data. I have that as well.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jonesrk wrote:
russellhltn wrote: This post suggests the issue is with membership information as his wife is able to sync on his phone when his login can't.
Yes, but those that are having issues have leadership callings that give them the extra reports and data. I have that as well.
Right. But you're on 3.6.

So, it's looking like an issue with 3.5.x and access to extended membership data.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jaredtingey

Post by jaredtingey »

Same exact problems as above. I am using a Samsung S8+, and on Android Version 8.0.0. I have always been able to use it and actually used it on Sunday. I have most access permissions. I know they were doing some sort of construction on the app on Sunday too and think that might have affected it.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

jaredtingey wrote:I know they were doing some sort of construction on the app on Sunday too and think that might have affected it.
The work being done on Sunday was not "some sort of construction on the app."
forrestjmckinney

Post by forrestjmckinney »

I'm having the same exact problem as above. I've been trying to sign in and sync for two days. I've powered off powered on. Uninstalled multiple times. Reinstalled and it goes through the process of syncing up until about three quarters bar and then says LDS tools is not available. Anybody have a fix?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

forrestjmckinney wrote:Anybody have a fix?
Not yet. The developers have been working all week on the problem and have not yet discovered how to solve the issue. It may well be more than just something in the app code, since the app interfaces with a number of different services.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

forrestjmckinney wrote:Anybody have a fix?
Short of installing the beta version? No. At least, not yet.

lorenahendricks

Post by lorenahendricks »

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8. I've been using the LDS Tools app since I got the phone at least a year ago. Now I can't sync. I've deleted the app several times and reinstalled and now I can't even log in. Please fix this issue. It's obvious from reading the message boards that many people are facing this issue. Is there a tentative date when we can expect a repair?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lorenahendricks wrote:I there a tentative date when we can expect a repair?
None has been announced.

Return to “Android Member Tools App”