Can't add MRN

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
Hoopes4908

Can't add MRN

Post by Hoopes4908 »

Hello, I just signed up for Family Tree, and didn't have my record # handy so just did it without it, now I am trying to go back and add it, and it keeps telling me this: Either the MRN and/or Birth Date is not valid or the account already exists.

Help!!!! :(
jerrobertson

Re: Can't add MRN

Post by jerrobertson »

It's trying to tell you that one of the following is happening:
  • The record number you are providing is incorrect
    The birthdate on your account does not match that of the member record, so you'll need to change your birthdate
    An account already exists using that member record number. You'll need to try and recover that original account.
E_Montgomery

Post by E_Montgomery »

Can someone techy please help me?  I can't get my LDS Tools to work because it tells me to update my membership on my LDS account. But my membership shows verified and when I enter my MRN again, it tells me that it's either invalid or the account exists. I can't figure out what to do, and the help forums on LDS.org aren't any help. My birthday is correct, my MRN I'm getting right off my temple recommend. Prior to about 2 weeks ago, it was working just fine.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

E_Montgomery wrote:Prior to about 2 weeks ago, it was working just fine.
I suggest you talk to your ward clerk. He need to 1) verify that your record is in the ward and 2) that the MRN on your temple recommend is correct. (It's been known to be wrong before.)

I suspect the MRN you're using is no longer in the ward - such as moved out or deceased.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ssalazar13

Post by ssalazar13 »

Having the same issue with a youth member. Is there a way to reset or confirm what email is tied to the MRN?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

ssalazar13 wrote:Having the same issue with a youth member. Is there a way to reset or confirm what email is tied to the MRN?
The email address associated with the Church Account is the same as found in Member Tools and the online Ward Directory. Look there to see what email address is currently being used. If there is nothing for the youth in either of those two apps then an email address can be added or the current one changed. An adult member of the youth's household can change the email address for the youth in either Member Tools or online in the Ward Directory and Map. Alternatively the ward clerk can change the email address for the youth. Once the change is made an email message will be sent to the new address to confirm the change.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Church Account”