LDS account says not a valid MRN

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
bennyhaha

LDS account says not a valid MRN

Post by bennyhaha »

I have a member of my unit whose LDS.org account shows the following message on the membership "You have stated that you are not a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Change your membership status to gain full access". When he enters his MRN is says that it is an invalid MRN number. Also, the birth date he is using matches up with what is in MLS.

He is a member in the MLS records and has had no changes to his membership status.

Any ideas?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDS account says not a valid MRN

Post by russellhltn »

bennyhaha wrote:When he enters his MRN is says that it is an invalid MRN number.
What is the complete message? Is it something like "invalid or already in use"? If so, then he probably has an account he forgot about and need to use the "forgot username" link and use the MRN to find that account.

Otherwise, make sure the number is correct and matches his record. The last digit of the MRN is a check digit that will catch errors in entering the number.

And on a long shot - make sure this member has an "individual record" in MLS. Some clerks seems to get confused by seeing names on the parent's records in thinking the child has a record when they do not. Not all record numbers are MRNs. Some are just placeholders.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
LDSAccountTech
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by LDSAccountTech »

It is likely that this member's LDS Account is NOT linked to an MRN.
He should go to https://ldsaccount.lds.org, and click on the link for "Forgot Username" and choose "Membership Record Number (MRN)" as the method to recover the username.
Click "Recover" after entering the MRN and Date of Birth (must match what is printed on the IOS)
The username will be displayed or will be emailed to the validated email address on the LDS Account.
If there is an error message trying to recover the usernamd AND the MRN and DOB were entered correctly, it means the MRN is not linked to any LDS Account.

After recovering the username, repeat the above process to reset the password. Specify MRN as the method to reset the password.

If the member is still unable to link his MRN to his LDS Account, the Clerk can call Local Unit Support for assistance with the account.
fduerksen9

Post by fduerksen9 »

I have the same problem. I have been trying to figure it out for months now. I've tried the "forgot username" route and it still shows my membership# or my DOB as incorrect. And lists me as a nonmember. I'm in the branch presidentsy in my branch. I'm on MLS and all info is correct. Its driving me crazy
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

fduerksen9 wrote:I have the same problem. I have been trying to figure it out for months now. I've tried the "forgot username" route and it still shows my membership# or my DOB as incorrect. And lists me as a nonmember.
Ask the clerk for a IOS - that will show you what the computer shows for your MRN and birth date. If the birth date is wrong, the clerk can fix it.

Note that the MRN has a check digit - if you're entering it wrong or if you're copying from someplace that's wrong, the system can detect that. The MRN on your temple recommend could be wrong.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”