How to get MRN online

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
NevaJJ49

How to get MRN online

Post by NevaJJ49 »

Can someone tell me if I can get my MRN online? I joined FamilySearch.org and selected I am a member. I haven't been to church in many many many moons. I have no idea where my records are. Is there a way I can get info online? or by phone? and who would I call? Thank you
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: How to get MRN online

Post by jdlessley »

NevaJJ49 wrote:Can someone tell me if I can get my MRN online?
If you already have a member LDS Account (an LDS Account associated with your MRN) then you can log onto LDS.org and go to the Directory. Select "My Household" in the left column and under your name in the right column click the "Show Record Number" link.

However, if you do not have a member LDS Account or haven't created an LDS Account, you will have to contact the ward clerk for your ward to get your MRN.

[Moderator note: This thread was split from the Educating Members thread because the topics are different. Please follow the Code of Conduct and "Do not start a new topic in an existing thread; instead start a new thread."]
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
zuesocegueda

Post by zuesocegueda »

How can i get my mrn number
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Please read the post above yours, which states how you can get your MRN.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The only way to get it online is if it's already associated with your LDS Account. But the usual reason people want their MRN is to add it to their account. Catch -22.

See your ward membership clerk or bishopric member. The number on the temple recommend is another source, but that might be wrong.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kimdye

Post by kimdye »

its also found on your tithing settlement papers
nccedillos

request for membership record

Post by nccedillos »

hello ,
we would like to find out if an investigator is a member of the church .
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: request for membership record

Post by lajackson »

nccedillos wrote:we would like to find out if an investigator is a member of the church .
With a full name and date of birth, the ward clerk will be able to request the membership record for the individual, if it exists.
unghui03

Post by unghui03 »

Hi guys. I already have my LDS account but when I wanted to register my MRN to my account it said the MRN is not valid or the account already exist.How was that happened I haven't been register my MRN to any account.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

unghui03 wrote:I already have my LDS account but when I wanted to register my MRN to my account it said the MRN is not valid or the account already exist.
It is possible that you provided your MRN while registering earlier for another Church site, such as FamilySearch. In any event, use the "Forgot your username?" link as you sign in, enter your MRN and date of birth, and you should be able to recover the LDS Account that is associated with your membership record number.

After you find that other account, ask your ward clerk to help you contact the Global Service Center to combine the accounts or to delete the one without your MRN. You will also need to contact the GSC if you are not able to find another account and still cannot sign in. They will be able to help you.

Return to “Church Account”