Geni.com

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
sandland-p40

Geni.com

Post by sandland-p40 »

I just found the site http://www.geni.com this morning and couldn't help but think of the possibilities if that site were to have integration with my paf databases. Geni allows you to very quickly and easily enter genealogical information. It also sends invitations to your living relatives so they can link into their own accounts with access to the same tree. So, it is effectively, "multi-user, user friendly PAF online". Now if only I could print out names for doing temple work from there, it would be perfect.
dlongmore

Post by dlongmore »

I have introduced several dozen people to geni. In almost every case I have had a positive response from even the most neophyte computer users. I like the combination of geni for it social software aspects and werelate.org for its wiki collaboration. I use the two together as a powerful combination. Werelate has a gedcom upload.
tomj
Community Moderators

Very interesting

Post by tomj »

I've been using/watching Geni since January, It has been awsome to watch these lines start to grow. I have done hardly anything, and already have 207 relatives some of which I don't even know, but who are related to an in-law somewhere down the line.

I'm enjoying browsing through all of the people.
thomasjking

Post by thomasjking »

yes geni is great . we have a member with 19,000 names in our unit. geni is so much better to do than when i joined the church in 1961

Return to “Family History”