Help Improve new FamilySearch

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
garysturn

Help Improve new FamilySearch

Post by garysturn »

Now that beta testing is completed, you can sign up to help evaluate new features for new FamilySearch.
Register to help. Click on the link to read more.
Gary Turner
If you haven't already, please take a moment to review our new
Code of Conduct
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

Took a look at the page, the FAQ links are not working, all I get is this error:

javascript:void(0)
garysturn

Qustions Error

Post by garysturn »

I get the same errors tonight, they were working earlier in the week. They are seeking people who are willing to evaluate new projects that they will be adding to newFamilySearch. The evaluations they will be asking for will take about 1 hour to complete. They are wanting a lot of different people with all different types of Family History Research experience to register so they can pull from those registered the group of people for the type of test they are doing. They especially want people with very little Family History Research experience. Non-members may also register. Not everyone that registers will be called upon to help evaluate projects.

This appears to be something which will be ongoing, because they mentioned that if you want to stay on the list of willing participants you will need to re-register each 6 months. It also said that these tests will be of new projects, some of which were not included in the beta testing. I got the impression that newFamilySearch will be rolled out and that this will be evaluating new functions to be added to the site. Hope that helps. I am sure they will get the errors on the site working soon.
Gary Turner
If you haven't already, please take a moment to review our new
Code of Conduct

Return to “Family History”