Page 1 of 1

obra bicaria

Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:19 pm
by alerivero
Buenas noches me gustaría saber si existe una opción, algo, lo que sea para hacer la obra por un amigo si su familia no quiere dar su autorización?
Agradezco una pronta y fehaciente respuesta.

Re: obra bicaria

Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:48 pm
by russellhltn
Persons Born within the Last 110 Years
To do ordinances for a deceased person who was born in the last 110 years, the following requirements must be met.

The person must have been deceased for at least one year.
You must either be one of the closest living relatives, or you must obtain permission from one of the closest living relatives. If you are not a spouse, child, parent, or sibling of the deceased, please obtain permission from one of the closest living relatives before doing the ordinances. The closest living relatives are an undivorced spouse (the spouse to whom the individual was married when he or she died), an adult child, a parent, or a brother or sister.

Verbal approval is acceptable. Family members should work together to determine when the ordinances will be done and who will do them.

Re: obra bicaria

Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:27 am
by aebrown
In addition to getting permission from the closest living relative, you must also be related to the person. See the First Presidency Letter of 29 February 2012. You cannot perform ordinances for an unrelated friend.