Ward FH Report-Members Submitting YTD

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
bballrob

Ward FH Report-Members Submitting YTD

Post by bballrob »

As seen in the attached screenshot, the graph seems to indicate that there was a drop in the number of members in my ward who had submitted names to the temple. How is this possible? I would think that this is a number that could only increase throughout the year.
A9057A2D-8A60-403B-9ECE-0B095E6EB1FC.jpeg
(307.47 KiB) Not downloaded yet
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Ward FH Report-Members Submitting YTD

Post by russellhltn »

I'm wondering if someone moved out mid-year.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I believe it is a month-to-month snapshot. If 15 members reserve a name in January and only 12 reserve a name in February, the graph will go down by 3 in February. The only way it can keep going up is if more and more members reserve at least 1 name EACH month. Only the reservation month is counted - when the actual ordinance is accomplished is not part of the metric. Number of names reserved by each member does not matter - only the members who reserve at least 1 name are counted and they are only counted once for the month they reserve a name.

In other words, a member would have to reserve at least 1 name per month, every month, to show up in the total for each month in the year.
;)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davesudweeks wrote:I believe it is a month-to-month snapshot.
That's not my understanding. It might be "number who have submitted in the last 12 months", but it's not "this month". In the case of the former, it might go down if someone submitted a name a year ago and nothing since. Once the 12 months passed, it went down.

But I am curious about the effect of a move-out of an active member on the numbers. I think we've seen in the case of HT/VT, it will alter past months so that a report run today will show a different number than one run in the past for the same month.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

We have seen our numbers go down on this report when no active members moved out of the ward for long periods. But until the brethren see fit to provide the underlying data, this report is pretty much useless from an improvement perspective. It's interesting information, but there is a difference between information and knowledge. Improving this performance would require knowledge of how the report is generated so ward councils can assist in the work.

Return to “Family History”