Can i get help with this?

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
abbywolfe

Can i get help with this?

Postby abbywolfe » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:13 pm

Hello i was wondering if anyone could help me get a copy of the image associated with this index. I am non LDS but would very much appreciate the help :)

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KDGL-8LM

Abby

lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Can i get help with this?

Postby lajackson » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:20 pm

abbywolfe wrote:Hello i was wondering if anyone could help me get a copy of the image associated with this index. I am non LDS but would very much appreciate the help :)

Abby

You need to sign in at that page to get the image. If you are not able to sign in, you can access the image in person from a Family History Center.

If you click on the Get Help link at the top right of that page, you will find contact information that will give you several additional ways to obtain help from the Family History folks, who I am sure would be more than happy to help you.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:24 pm

The best way would be to go to a FamilySearch Center. There's probably one near you. Locations.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

abbywolfe

Postby abbywolfe » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:17 pm

lajackson wrote:
abbywolfe wrote:Hello i was wondering if anyone could help me get a copy of the image associated with this index. I am non LDS but would very much appreciate the help :)

Abby

You need to sign in at that page to get the image. If you are not able to sign in, you can access the image in person from a Family History Center.

If you click on the Get Help link at the top right of that page, you will find contact information that will give you several additional ways to obtain help from the Family History folks, who I am sure would be more than happy to help you.

My problem is I am non LDS so I would need a member of the Church to sign in and access the photo for me.

The best way would be to go to a FamilySearch Center. There's probably one near you.

The closest is a little over 45 minutes from me :( im way out in the boonies

sbradshaw

Postby sbradshaw » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:56 pm

I researched a little bit and it looks like FamilySearch has contract agreements that don't allow them to share the images publicly:
https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Italy,_Campobasso,_Civil_Registration,_State_Archive_(FamilySearch_Historical_Records)

To share those images would violate Italy's data privacy laws and their contract with FamilySearch – and if Italy sees that their agreements are being circumvented, they may stop sharing records with FamilySearch. I'm sorry, but the image can't legally be shared.

In the meantime, you can still view the associated record information online!
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

lmcguire

Postby lmcguire » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:19 am

Maybe I'm missing something, but you don't have to be a member of the church to have a familysearch.org account. Have you signed up for an account to see if that gets you access to the image?

Liz

eblood66

Postby eblood66 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:58 am

lmcguire wrote:Maybe I'm missing something, but you don't have to be a member of the church to have a familysearch.org account. Have you signed up for an account to see if that gets you access to the image?

Liz

Non-members can certainly create a familysearch account. But in order to get access to certain resources your account has to be tied to a membership number because the licensing terms for those resources only allows members to use them.

Return to “Family History”