Can i get help with this?

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
abbywolfe
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:11 pm

Can i get help with this?

Postby abbywolfe » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:13 pm

Hello i was wondering if anyone could help me get a copy of the image associated with this index. I am non LDS but would very much appreciate the help :)

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KDGL-8LM

Abby

lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 6137
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: US

Re: Can i get help with this?

Postby lajackson » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:20 pm

abbywolfe wrote:Hello i was wondering if anyone could help me get a copy of the image associated with this index. I am non LDS but would very much appreciate the help :)

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KDGL-8LM

Abby

You need to sign in at that page to get the image. If you are not able to sign in, you can access the image in person from a Family History Center.

If you click on the Get Help link at the top right of that page, you will find contact information that will give you several additional ways to obtain help from the Family History folks, who I am sure would be more than happy to help you.

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20750
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Re: Can i get help with this?

Postby russellhltn » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:24 pm

The best way would be to go to a FamilySearch Center. There's probably one near you. Locations.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

abbywolfe
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:11 pm

Re: Can i get help with this?

Postby abbywolfe » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:17 pm

lajackson wrote:
abbywolfe wrote:Hello i was wondering if anyone could help me get a copy of the image associated with this index. I am non LDS but would very much appreciate the help :)

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KDGL-8LM

Abby

You need to sign in at that page to get the image. If you are not able to sign in, you can access the image in person from a Family History Center.

If you click on the Get Help link at the top right of that page, you will find contact information that will give you several additional ways to obtain help from the Family History folks, who I am sure would be more than happy to help you.


My problem is I am non LDS so I would need a member of the Church to sign in and access the photo for me.

The best way would be to go to a FamilySearch Center. There's probably one near you.


The closest is a little over 45 minutes from me :( im way out in the boonies

User avatar
sbradshaw
Senior Member
Posts: 2485
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:42 pm
Location: Provo, UT
Contact:

Re: Can i get help with this?

Postby sbradshaw » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:56 pm

I researched a little bit and it looks like FamilySearch has contract agreements that don't allow them to share the images publicly:
https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Italy,_Campobasso,_Civil_Registration,_State_Archive_(FamilySearch_Historical_Records)

To share those images would violate Italy's data privacy laws and their contract with FamilySearch – and if Italy sees that their agreements are being circumvented, they may stop sharing records with FamilySearch. I'm sorry, but the image can't legally be shared.

In the meantime, you can still view the associated record information online!
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

User avatar
lmcguire
Member
Posts: 293
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:12 pm
Location: West Jordan, Utah
Contact:

Re: Can i get help with this?

Postby lmcguire » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:19 am

Maybe I'm missing something, but you don't have to be a member of the church to have a familysearch.org account. Have you signed up for an account to see if that gets you access to the image?

Liz

eblood66
Senior Member
Posts: 2025
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:17 am
Location: Cumming, GA, USA

Re: Can i get help with this?

Postby eblood66 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:58 am

lmcguire wrote:Maybe I'm missing something, but you don't have to be a member of the church to have a familysearch.org account. Have you signed up for an account to see if that gets you access to the image?

Liz

Non-members can certainly create a familysearch account. But in order to get access to certain resources your account has to be tied to a membership number because the licensing terms for those resources only allows members to use them.


Return to “Family History”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest