Family History Report

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Family History Report

Post by aebrown »

sbradshaw wrote:According to Rod DeGiulio's presentation at RootsTech 2017, family history reports should be available through Leader and Clerk Resources "soon."
The discussion of family history reports on LCR starts at about the 42:30 mark of Rod DeGiulio's presentation.
bballrob

Post by bballrob »

sbradshaw wrote:According to Rod DeGiulio's presentation at RootsTech 2017, family history reports should be available through Leader and Clerk Resources "soon."
I don’t like their definition of “soon”.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

bballrob wrote:
I don’t like their definition of “soon”.
These reports were available on LCR by June 4 or earlier, according to this post and many others that have followed. I don't quite understand why you are raising this issue four and a half months after the reports became available.
bballrob

Post by bballrob »

The main reports were, however, he also talked about reports that would show down to the individual level as far as who is submitting names to the temple, adding names to the tree, adding memories, etc. I have yet to see those. Are they available somewhere and I've just missed them?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

bballrob wrote:The main reports were, however, he also talked about reports that would show down to the individual level as far as who is submitting names to the temple, adding names to the tree, adding memories, etc. I have yet to see those. Are they available somewhere and I've just missed them?
I just listened again to Rod's entire discussion of LCR family history reports (from about 42:30 to 47:30 in the recording), and he never talked about individual names. If he discussed individual names for the reports somewhere else, please tell me the time stamp so I can review it.
bballrob

Post by bballrob »

aebrown wrote:
bballrob wrote:The main reports were, however, he also talked about reports that would show down to the individual level as far as who is submitting names to the temple, adding names to the tree, adding memories, etc. I have yet to see those. Are they available somewhere and I've just missed them?
I just listened again to Rod's entire discussion of LCR family history reports (from about 42:30 to 47:30 in the recording), and he never talked about individual names. If he discussed individual names for the reports somewhere else, please tell me the time stamp so I can review it.
Listen from 44:00 to 44:30 and he talks about being able to go downtown individual level.
dlcall

Post by dlcall »

Our ward in Texas and my son's ward in Maryland both had youth activity nights where the youth logged in to Family Search and printed names for an upcoming youth temple trip (mostly using Ordinance Ready). However, in both wards, the # members submitting a name and # youth submitting a name did not reflect the fact that youth had printed names to take to the temple. For example, over 10 YW in our ward printed a name to take to the temple, yet the monthly report only showed that 4 youth YTD had submitted a name. Therefore, I'm confused as to how the statistic "# of members submitting a name" is actually calculated. I'd like factual knowledge not guesses or opinions. Can anyone in the Temple Department give a factual answer?
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

dlcall wrote:Can anyone in the Temple Department give a factual answer?
You would have to ask someone in the Temple Department. I suspect no one there visits this user-to-user mutual help forum. There may be some who have knowledge or experience who can chime in, but it will be based on their experience and opinion and will likely not be an official answer from the church.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I have recently been using the Ordinances Ready feature to print ordinance cards regularly. I noticed that most of the ordinances suggested by Ordinances Ready were already reserved, either by other members, or in the Temple File. So I wondered whether printing new cards for ordinances that had already been reserved "counted" on the report. Perhaps it only counts if you make a new reservation, and not if you simply transfer a reservation from one file to another.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

drepouille wrote:I wondered whether printing new cards for ordinances that had already been reserved "counted" on the report.
I do not believe it is that they have been reserved, but rather that they may have been prined out before.

There is an excellent post earlier in this topic by aebrown, who is very knowledgeable about these things, that explains exactly what counts. See this post.

And to answer the previous question, I do not believe the Temple Department runs the report. I believe the Family History Department does. But either way, neither of them haunts this forum.

Return to “Family History”