Family History Library Webinars

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
ljerryd

Family History Library Webinars

Post by ljerryd »

The Family History Library is providing some excellent webinars to assist with research. Unfortunately, when we who are unavailable to attend live ask if they are recording them for offline viewing, we are told that they are "Not able to be recorded at this time". What? Every major webinar hosting package has recording capabilities. Is this just a training shortfall? If we want to "Hasten the Work", then lets have material available for the working people. Please help.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Family History Library Webinars

Post by aebrown »

ljerryd wrote:The Family History Library is providing some excellent webinars to assist with research. Unfortunately, when we who are unavailable to attend live ask if they are recording them for offline viewing, we are told that they are "Not able to be recorded at this time". What? Every major webinar hosting package has recording capabilities. Is this just a training shortfall?
I really doubt that this has anything to do with a technology limitation; as you correctly note, it's just not that difficult to record a webinar. And it's a bit more work, but still quite simple, to post a recorded session on a website. Rather, I would guess (but it's only my opinion) that legal issues (privacy, perhaps copyright) are the obstacle.

Return to “Family History”