Does anyone know when the new Family Search is going to be launched

Discussions around Genealogy technology.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

rmrichesjr wrote:To use helper mode, isn't it necessary for both the one doing the helping and the one being helped to have nFS accounts? That would seem to imply it is not useful for someone who cannot (yet) register for an nFS account. Or, am I missing something?
It is as Gary wrote. I took a screen shot of the page with the pop-up that shows the information necessary to help someone else. All that is needed about the person being helped is their name and birthdate.

garysturn

Helper Mode

Post by garysturn »

To help someone in the Helper Mode the person being helped does have to be a member of the Church, but they do not need to have a new FamilySearch account. The helper access number is part of the members membership number. Changes made in the helper mode are attribuited to the member making the changes with a tag note that they were being helped by someone and it shows the contact information for the helper. No contact information for the one being helped is displayed, only their name. Contributions by someone being helped are tied to the persons membership number so once an account is set up I would expect contact information would then be shown for that person. I have logged in and used the helper mode for several people without nFS accounts. I have just encouraged them to work on combining and wait to do disputes until they get an account so people will be able to contact them about the disputes. I have mostly used the helper mode to do training for other FH Consultants to help them learn how to use the new system.
Gary Turner
If you haven't already, please take a moment to review our new
Code of Conduct
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

rmrichesjr wrote:To use helper mode, isn't it necessary for both the one doing the helping and the one being helped to have nFS accounts?
No. The helper must have the nFS account but the person being helped does not.

Return to “Family History”