Sharp AR-161

Discussions about setup, operation, and maintenance of these devices in meetinghouses other than a FHC
Elliston Park Ward-p40

Sharp AR-161

Post by Elliston Park Ward-p40 »

Hello Brethren,
I was asked by my Bishop to pursue the conditions applicable to securing a copier for the Forest Lawn building library in Calgary, AB Canada. This has become an amazingly challenging chance to serve. I am second Councilor in the Elliston Park Ward Bishopric, and have found myriads of obstacles on a path that should be relatively straightforward. The first is that the copier is a Sharp AR 161 Digital Copier, date of manufacture 1999, S/N 96522832. As we are the agent Bishop for the 3 wards that meet in the building. We are expected to acquire the correct parts, service and supplies. Then seek budgetary reparations from the other wards as defined by the Stake Leadership. Here in lies the crux of the thing, for this machine there is no service contract, no agent maintains the machine and thus not toner. The unit is not scanning correctly either. As the element tries to interpret and convert the image it leaves a nasty blemish on the copied work. This piece of equipment has served well nevertheless its just not going to recover. And to help matters even more (help is more rhetorical than grounded in reality) the toner cartridges which are numbered TD-161 are not stocked at any Staples, Office Depot outlet, coupled with the reality that the cartridges are in the 150.00 to 170.00 price range the recourse appears quite clear. Not only this but located vendors anywhere within reasonable distances been quite futile.
I would appreciate any help you good folks might offer. Please note I am e-mailing this note to my Bishop along with any useful info off your LDS Technology Forumsweb sight. Please feel free to contact Bishop Curtis Maret @ maret.dave@gmail.com
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Elliston Park Ward wrote:As we are the agent Bishop for the 3 wards that meet in the building. We are expected to acquire the correct parts, service and supplies. Then seek budgetary reparations from the other wards as defined by the Stake Leadership.
The copier itself should be provided by the FM Group -- you shouldn't have to use budget funds for the copier or for service. Your only responsibility would be for consumables such as toner, drum, and paper.

See the relevant FAQs:

Return to “Printers, Copiers, and Multi-Function Devices”