No service contract?

Discussions about setup, operation, and maintenance of these devices in meetinghouses other than a FHC
skiptaylor
Member
Posts: 190
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:13 pm
Location: Lancaster CA

No service contract?

Postby skiptaylor » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:17 pm

We have a Xerox Document Center 430 DC that needs service.

I called the 800 number with the needed information and was told by Xerox there is no existing service contract on the machine. The FM Group says there should be a contract on it.

What do we do from here? I tried to contact Copier Support in SLC but all paths led back to the same 800 number I called in the first place. Very frustrating.
Skip Taylor :eek:
Lancaster CA.

techgy
Community Moderators
Posts: 3174
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:48 pm
Location: California

Postby techgy » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:07 pm

avskip wrote:We have a Xerox Document Center 430 DC that needs service.

I called the 800 number with the needed information and was told by Xerox there is no existing service contract on the machine. The FM Group says there should be a contract on it.

What do we do from here? I tried to contact Copier Support in SLC but all paths led back to the same 800 number I called in the first place. Very frustrating.


I would go back to the FM group and have them check further as this equipment is generally under their care.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14693
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Postby aebrown » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:47 pm

Techgy wrote:I would go back to the FM group and have them check further as this equipment is generally under their care.


Local units arrange warranty service directly with the vendor by calling LDS Copier Administration, so it's not really accurate to say that photocopiers are under the FM Group's care.

However, according to the post How should copier service issues be resolved?, if there are service issues that cannot be resolved, the issue should be escalated through the FM Group. So this does seem to be one of those exceptional circumstances where the FM Group should be consulted.

russellhltn
Community Administrator
Posts: 20779
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:53 pm
Location: U.S.

Postby russellhltn » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:56 pm

A DC 430 is quite a machine. Is that standard issue? If not, then maybe that's the problem.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

skiptaylor
Member
Posts: 190
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:13 pm
Location: Lancaster CA

Postby skiptaylor » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:52 am

RussellHltn wrote:A DC 430 is quite a machine. Is that standard issue? If not, then maybe that's the problem.

We have at least 2 of them in our building libraries. So I don't know. I was told they were a discontinued model but I have no idea how accurate that is as it was not from Xerox.
Skip Taylor :eek:
Lancaster CA.

skiptaylor
Member
Posts: 190
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:13 pm
Location: Lancaster CA

Postby skiptaylor » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:53 am

Alan_Brown wrote:Local units arrange warranty service directly with the vendor by calling LDS Copier Administration, so it's not really accurate to say that photocopiers are under the FM Group's care.

However, according to the post How should copier service issues be resolved?, if there are service issues that cannot be resolved, the issue should be escalated through the FM Group. So this does seem to be one of those exceptional circumstances where the FM Group should be consulted.

I've tried that already and after a month there's been no service performed. Now it's getting to where it doesn't want to power on.
Skip Taylor :eek:
Lancaster CA.

skiptaylor
Member
Posts: 190
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:13 pm
Location: Lancaster CA

Update

Postby skiptaylor » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:48 pm

I sent an email about the copier to the local FM Group manager.

They contacted HQ and said all is well and the contract doesn't expire until 2011.

So I called Xerox again and they've scheduled a visit in the next day or so.

No idea what exactly happened, but I think the FMG manager was a big help somehow.
Skip Taylor :eek:
Lancaster CA.

techgy
Community Moderators
Posts: 3174
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:48 pm
Location: California

Postby techgy » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:47 pm

avskip wrote:I sent an email about the copier to the local FM Group manager.

They contacted HQ and said all is well and the contract doesn't expire until 2011.

So I called Xerox again and they've scheduled a visit in the next day or so.

No idea what exactly happened, but I think the FMG manager was a big help somehow.


Thanks for closing the loop and letting us know. Glad that you have it worked out. :D
Have you read the Code of Conduct?

skiptaylor
Member
Posts: 190
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:13 pm
Location: Lancaster CA

Postby skiptaylor » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:40 pm

Something working out is always good! Thanks!
Skip Taylor :eek:
Lancaster CA.


Return to “Printers, Copiers, and Multi-Function Devices”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest