Xerox Wireless Networking Adapter

Discussions about setup, operation, and maintenance of these devices in meetinghouses other than a FHC
drepouille

Xerox Wireless Networking Adapter

Post by drepouille »

My FM recently replaced the Xerox M20 copier in the stake clerk's office with a Xerox WorkCentre 3615. (The bad news is that I had three new toner cartridges for the M20. Ugh.)

Since there is no wired Ethernet jack in that office, I use an external Linksys wireless adapter for the computer, and I share both the Phaser printer and the WorkCentre copier through Windows. I would love to connect the new WorkCentre to the network, but I see that the Wireless Networking Adapter (for Phaser 6600, WorkCentre 6605, Phaser 3610, and WorkCentre 3615), part number 097S04409, costs $99. It is not available through Staples, but I can buy it from Xerox, Wal-Mart, or Amazon (pcrush-outlet).

Maybe that is too much trouble, and I should just continue to share the WorkCentre through Windows.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Xerox Wireless Networking Adapter

Post by russellhltn »

drepouille wrote:Maybe that is too much trouble, and I should just continue to share the WorkCentre through Windows.
The problem with sharing though Windows is you can open up your hard drive to anyone on the network who knows the Windows login. That might be avoidable with Win7. But I don't think you can side-step that if you're still running WinXP. You'd have to rely on Sophos to block it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Printers, Copiers, and Multi-Function Devices”