Network printer for bishop

Discussions about setup, operation, and maintenance of these devices in meetinghouses other than a FHC
aclawson

Network printer for bishop

Post by aclawson »

The bishop would like to get the clerk's machine up on the network. For awhile it was installed as a shared device through the clerk's PC but Apple devices couldn't get that to reliably work. We have an HP P2015d so I have to either get a standalone network print server or a new network printer (HP has models for about $75).

What have you used?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Network printer for bishop

Post by russellhltn »

I believe most are using the USB connection. I've shut off sharing via the clerk PC for our stake as it opens up the clerk PC to attack from the WiFi network. I don't think policy allows you to pay for "computers" out of the ward budget. That may or may not apply to printers.

So I think your best chance is a network server.

However, I think you want to work with your STS to get your firewall configuration upgraded. Otherwise, there's a good chance that the server and the user device will end up in different IP pools where they cannot communicate.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Printers, Copiers, and Multi-Function Devices”