Question: What should be done with old copiers?

Discussions about setup, operation, and maintenance of these devices in meetinghouses other than a FHC
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Question: What should be done with old copiers?

Post by russellhltn »

Copier Admin wrote:Local units cannot keep aged warranty-expired copiers owned by the Church. The policy for copiers is the same as for PCs: “Your old [copier] cannot be donated, sold or given to anyone else. It cannot be used by local units for any purpose or taken home for personal use.
You may want to remove the reference to PCs as I've never seen any such restriction on PCs at the unit level.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:You may want to remove the reference to PCs as I've never seen any such restriction on PCs at the unit level.
I wondered, too. That FAQ seems to quote some PC policy where they substituted [Copier] for [computer]. But I can't find any PC policy with those words, and in fact there are some important differences between that statement and the current published Computer Transfer and Disposal Instructions.

So I would suggest that the Copier Administration team simply state the copier policy without reference to any computer policy.
Copier Admin-p40

Post by Copier Admin-p40 »

Alan_Brown wrote:I wondered, too. That FAQ seems to quote some PC policy where they substituted [Copier] for [computer]. But I can't find any PC policy with those words, and in fact there are some important differences between that statement and the current published Computer Transfer and Disposal Instructions.

I am informed by Church Purchasing that the Computer Transfer and Disposal Instructions document you reference is obsolete. FM groups have a new document and process that also applies to local unit computers and copiers. This is all I can say, since computers are outside the purview of copier administration.

So I would suggest that the Copier Administration team simply state the copier policy without reference to any computer policy.

We will consider a minor wording change.
copier admin
ParryCW

Machines

Post by ParryCW »

I am a FM, and simply remove all replaced machines and equipment when we deliver new systems. We take them to one location, and upon receiving a sufficient amount, call in to our 3rd party recyclers who stops by and picks them all up. My understanding is the Church has some sort of contract with the 3rd party that ensures the safety of all hard-rive files etc.

Return to “Printers, Copiers, and Multi-Function Devices”