Xerox 3250 printing blank pages

Discussions about setup, operation, and maintenance of these devices in meetinghouses other than a FHC
craiggsmith

Re: Xerox 3250 printing blank pages

Post by craiggsmith »

Thanks everyone. The old cartridge still always works consistently. We got another new cartridge, both factory Xerox cartridges, and it is doing the exact same thing. No, these ones don't have a cover over the drum.

I looked at the side contacts and they look the same on both the old and new cartridges, and there is nothing that can be bent or adjusted to make better contact. The corresponding contacts in the printer are spring-loaded.

The printer typically works for a little (not very long) while after the cartridge is removed and re-installed, but after some random number of pages they start coming out blank again, often in the middle of a job. It is really a pain for the financial clerk.

We do have another one or two of these printers in the stake; I'm going to try the cartridge in them and see if I can duplicate the issue.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Xerox 3250 printing blank pages

Post by russellhltn »

craiggsmith wrote:We do have another one or two of these printers in the stake; I'm going to try the cartridge in them and see if I can duplicate the issue.
Sounds like a plan.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Printers, Copiers, and Multi-Function Devices”