Stake and Ward copiers

Discussions about setup, operation, and maintenance of these devices in meetinghouses other than a FHC
wasatchpowder-p40

Stake and Ward copiers

Post by wasatchpowder-p40 »

At the beginning of this year the lease on all of our Sharp copiers expired and the Church replaced our stake office copier with a HP Laserjet M3027 and the library copier with a Xerox Workcentre 4150.

(Let me just say I absolutely despise the HP Laserjet because it takes at least 5 minutes to warm up and if it hasn't been used for awhile it goes into sleep mode and it has to warmup again.)

However, that's beside the point, it is now time to start purchasing toner since toner purchase for the copiers is now a local unit expense here in Sandy.

As I price the HP 51X toner through Corporate Express and HP, the price of the toner cartridge is $214.99 for a 13,000 page capacity.

The Xerox toner cartridge is $119.00 for a 20,000 page capacity.

I just want to express my heartburn with the the operating costs with the HP Laserjets instead of using the Xerox copiers for all applications.

Has anyone else found a cheaper source for toner?

Dave
scion-p40

Post by scion-p40 »

You might want to try 123inkjets.com

They carry the HP ink for just under $90.

ink type toner type toner shelf life 2 years color black yield 13000 part name q7551x quantity 1 They don't presently carry the Xerox cartridge, but you might email them about it.

I've been buying refilled inkjet cartridges from them for years without complaint.
wasatchpowder-p40

Post by wasatchpowder-p40 »

Thanks for the info. I went to the Corporate Express website to get the price.
So, I take it that the Church has a corporate account and we can get the toner at a discount?
What is the account name we should use when ordering?

We received zero information when the copiers arrived. They just showed up one day in a big box that I had to unpack and install.

Is there a maintenance contract for these copiers or is that a local unit cost also?
And, who should we call for maintenance?

Dave
aebrown
Community Administrator

Photcopier Web Page

Post by aebrown »

LDS Copier Administration wrote:It is against Church policy to use refilled or remanufactured toner in copiers because if something goes wrong with the toner and it damages the copier, it also voids the warranty for repairing such damage. It is unlikely that you will find less expensive HP toner anywhere than from our toner vendors, En Pointe and Corporate Express.
Not that I would disagree with this statement, but I'm really curious how we are supposed to know such things. The Church does a nice job with communicating some information, but other things seem to be a mystery.

Would it be possible to put a page up on clerk.lds.org for Photocopiers? It wouldn't have to be really long, but it would be great to assemble in one place the answers to questions that I see asked a lot. For example, how do we:
  • Contact Local Copier Administration
  • Order new toner
  • Request maintenance
  • Replace leased copiers
  • Learn of policies such as using original toner
  • Get technical support (phone or links to manufacturer web sites)
  • Configure the copiers (for fax, adjust sleep time, scanning, e-mail, etc.)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

wasatchpowder wrote:Thanks for the info. I went to the Corporate Express website to get the price.
So, I take it that the Church has a corporate account and we can get the toner at a discount?
What is the account name we should use when ordering?

We received zero information when the copiers arrived. They just showed up one day in a big box that I had to unpack and install.

Is there a maintenance contract for these copiers or is that a local unit cost also?
And, who should we call for maintenance?

Dave

For almost all your questions, the answer is to call Local Copier Administration at the number Dennis gave above: 800-537-7192. As you work your way through the phone menu, you will hear options for ordering toner, requesting maintenance, or getting support. Some of the options will forward you to a third party (such as En Pointe or Corporate Express), but the person you will be connected to will know that you got to them through the Church, so you won't need any special account numbers. You will need to know the ward or stake unit #, and for some requests (in particular maintenance) you will need the copier's serial number.

The new copiers do come with a maintenance contract, so maintenance is not a cost to the unit. The unit is responsible only for consumables: paper, toner, drums.
mamadsen

Post by mamadsen »

The new copiers do come with a maintenance contract, so maintenance is not a cost to the unit.
I am guessing we need to call Local Copier Administration to find out who the maintenance contract is with and how to schedule service calls?

I like the idea of having a page, somewhere, that would provide the information suggested by Alan_Brown.

Thanks
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

MRK wrote:I am guessing we need to call Local Copier Administration to find out who the maintenance contract is with and how to schedule service calls?
It's actually more straightforward than that. I don't recall the exact options, but basically you are led by the hand through the process:
  • Call Local Copier Administration, where you will get a phone menu
  • Given a choice of ordering paper, ordering toner, or requesting service, choose service
  • Next you choose your manufacturer (HP, Xerox, Sharp, etc.)
  • Then you will be talking to a person who can actually schedule maintenance for that brand
  • They will ask a few questions to determine if maintenance is actually needed (in one case, we just needed a new drum).
  • If needed, they will schedule a maintenance call.
Note that before you call you should be prepared with your
  • Unit #
  • Make and Model
  • Serial Number
terrellthomas

HP Multi-Function Machines

Post by terrellthomas »

:mad: I just wanted mention that service is not what it used to be either. Here in Green River, WY I had local service rep. And he didn't have to come from SLC or Ogden. I now feel bad to make call when it works but cannot duplex. I agree there should be a site dedicate to copiers and Multi-Function Machines.
Copier Admin-p40

See Local unit copier FAQ forum

Post by Copier Admin-p40 »

For further info on local unit copier policy, see the FAQ forum.
Copier admin
MorettiDP

Post by MorettiDP »

Any of you know if these program will be export to another countries (copiers at the meetinghouse?) Thanks!

Return to “Printers, Copiers, and Multi-Function Devices”