Stake and Ward copiers

Discussions about setup, operation, and maintenance of these devices in meetinghouses other than a FHC
Copier Admin-p40

Post by Copier Admin-p40 »

There have been occasional discussions, but nothing substantive. I don't believe it will happen for the foreseeable future, if ever, in the same form it is in the US and Canada. Someday there may be some other kind of solution developed for other countries.
Copier admin
jpapke-p40

Helps and Hints for the HP MFP 3027

Post by jpapke-p40 »

There are some things to be aware of with the HP MFP 3027. First and formost never just turn it off. It has a powersave mode (sleep) that will take its power consumption way down and the warm up should be almost instant for printing and about 1 minute for copying. If the power is turned off abruptly there is an internal hard disk that can be left in an unclean state causing the long power on cycle next time it is turned on. Our building custodians would alway turn off the power strip to the device causing me all sorts of grief when I needed a copy fast! A simple note and some tape took care of that issue ;-)
As for the cost... Our stake was paying $110/month for the sharp contract now I can purchase the max toner cartridge for the ~$200 when I need it. We are still on our first X cartridge and it has lasted about 6+ months. I will glady spend $214 every 6 months over $660 and get better copying, stored jobs (great for directories) and the unit stays in waranty because we use approved supplies.
skiptaylor

Post by skiptaylor »

Alan_Brown wrote:Some of the options will forward you to a third party (such as En Pointe or Corporate Express)
I have heard of Corporate Express but I've never heard of En Pointe. What do they do? Is there an LDS order line for them?
Skip Taylor :eek:
Lancaster CA.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

avskip wrote:I have heard of Corporate Express but I've never heard of En Pointe. What do they do? Is there an LDS order line for them?
En Pointe is a supplier of some copier supplies. When we recently ordered a replacement drum for our Xerox copier, it came through them.

For all copier supplies, we are to go through LDS Copier Administration. See the How are consumable supplies ordered? thread for details. Depending on your copier model, you may be forwarded to any of several suppliers; each of them will know that you are connected to the LDS Church.
JensenFA

Post by JensenFA »

wasatchpowder wrote:At the beginning of this year the lease on all of our Sharp copiers expired and the Church replaced our stake office copier with a HP Laserjet M3027 and the library copier with a Xerox Workcentre 4150.

(Let me just say I absolutely despise the HP Laserjet because it takes at least 5 minutes to warm up and if it hasn't been used for awhile it goes into sleep mode and it has to warmup again.)

However, that's beside the point, it is now time to start purchasing toner since toner purchase for the copiers is now a local unit expense here in Sandy.

As I price the HP 51X toner through Corporate Express and HP, the price of the toner cartridge is $214.99 for a 13,000 page capacity.

The Xerox toner cartridge is $119.00 for a 20,000 page capacity.

I just want to express my heartburn with the the operating costs with the HP Laserjets instead of using the Xerox copiers for all applications.

Has anyone else found a cheaper source for toner?

Dave
Although the Xerox is supposed to have a 20,000 page capacity, our experience at the stake library and also the ward library shows that the Xerox gets 10,000 or less pages per cartridge.
mikefackrell

Re: Stake and Ward copiers

Post by mikefackrell »

We love our HP 3027's and the 51x cartridges
I get toner for about $54 at http://precisionroller.com
or when I am not in a hurry http://www.ldproducts.com/ $46 each!

Re-manufactured cartridges have been just fine. Saves a ton of money.
We have one xerox left in our stake and it costs 3x more to maintain.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: Stake and Ward copiers

Post by Mikerowaved »

mikefackrell wrote:We love our HP 3027's and the 51x cartridges
I get toner for about $54 at http://precisionroller.com
or when I am not in a hurry http://www.ldproducts.com/ $46 each!

Re-manufactured cartridges have been just fine. Saves a ton of money.
We have one xerox left in our stake and it costs 3x more to maintain.
I'm all for saving sacred funds where possible also, but you might want to review the church's guidelines on using remanufactured cartridges HERE.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Printers, Copiers, and Multi-Function Devices”