HP Laserjet M3027x MFP Scan to Desktop

Discussions about setup, operation, and maintenance of these devices in meetinghouses other than a FHC
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aebrown wrote:There most definitely is an issue with the Sophos firewall.

Probably just as well. I have issues with sharing things out from a MLS computer running XP. It opens up the C drive to anyone on the local network who knows how.

I believe Win7 is better in that regard.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
KenRichins

Post by KenRichins »

Check the Sophos Firewall. It by default blocks MANY ports and shares. The STS should know how to give himself access to the Sophos Firewall to reconfigure to allow the ports to access the needed shares. We do this all the time with Family History Center setups for scanning and printing over the newtwork. Which is Blocked by default in FHC.
shoeless

Post by shoeless »

I had a lot of trouble setting this up but managed to get it to work. It turned out to be a pretty simple process once I figured out what was wrong. I had to update the firmware on the M3027x because the installed version didn't support the scan to folder option. After using HP wizard to setup the shared folder it still wasn't working. I had to give the Clerk user Full Control on the Security tab of the shared folder properties. Everyone had full access on the sharing permissions but it didn't work until I made this change. I didn't have to change anything in the firewall but I did have to disable simple file sharing as part of the wizard setup process.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If this is WinXP, anyone who knows the clerk password and "the secret" can now access the entire C drive of the MLS computer.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Printers, Copiers, and Multi-Function Devices”