I'm not new to family history, but I have avoided trying to make sense of the way the Church lists its sources. But the time has come for me to try and understand it, so as I could find nothing about it on the "help" for nFS I will ask here:
1. When I click on "individual sources" I do not understand what item of information the source is referencing. How can I tell?
2. Why are sources duplicated? Sometimes the batch number is different - did the Church accidentally microfilm the same records more than once???
3. Why are temple/LDS records given as sources? Sources should be primary sources. I cannot use someone else's research as a basis for my sources, it is only of use if they provide the sources.
4. Where are other sources listed? Let's say the only record of a date of birth
is in an old family bible - where is this recorded in nFS?
5. Why is it I can get my head around most family research, but the Church's procedures for sources, cataloguing, etc. is about as clear as mud? (you don;t have to answer this one )
Thanks in advance ;
Discussions about using and improving the new FamilySearch online application.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest