Deleting Someone

Discussions about using and improving the new FamilySearch online application.
jdeschaines-p40

Deleting Someone

Post by jdeschaines-p40 »

Ugh - Can someone help? I'm obviously missing something here.

Okay, so I added a relative into the wrong side of the family tree and I can't figure out how to move them / delete them.

*sigh*

TIA!

Jessica
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

jdeschaines wrote:Ugh - Can someone help? I'm obviously missing something here.

Okay, so I added a relative into the wrong side of the family tree and I can't figure out how to move them / delete them.

*sigh*

TIA!

Jessica
Jessica,

Hello and welcome to the LDS Tech Forum. I assume that you are referring to the New Family Search program. Although you may obtain some guidance here in this forum, I would recommend that you post your question in the new Family Search forum.

However, the best solution would be for you make contact with a local family history consultant in your ward, or if you not a member, you can check at a local family history center. These are usually placed within LDS Stake Centers. The personal touch is more helpful in matters such as this and it can help prevent mistakes which can lead to further problems.

If you need to search for a Family History Center you can use do so HERE.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
jdeschaines-p40

Post by jdeschaines-p40 »

Thanks for replying -

Yes, I am familiar with my Stake's FHC. However, I am really hoping there is a way to delete this persons information from the wrong side of the family (not from the database itself) from *home*. I hate to say this, but the last time I went to our FHC, they were slightly less than helpful with using the technology and I'm wary of going back.

I'll check out the other forum - thanks :)

Jess
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

jdeschaines wrote:Thanks for replying -

Yes, I am familiar with my Stake's FHC. However, I am really hoping there is a way to delete this persons information from the wrong side of the family (not from the database itself) from *home*. I hate to say this, but the last time I went to our FHC, they were slightly less than helpful with using the technology and I'm wary of going back.

I'll check out the other forum - thanks :)

Jess
Jessica,

What about a consultant in your home ward? They would know you better and hopefully one of them can work one-on-one with you. You may yet obtain some help in this forum, so please check back.

However, as a consultant myself for our ward, I know how difficult it can be to try and help someone either via Email or on the phone. This type of issue is always best worked out in person. ;)
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
KenRichins

Free personal help

Post by KenRichins »

:)Call nFS Support 1-866-406-1830 it's toll free and they will help you correct your error:)

Return to “FamilySearch Family Tree Application”