Where and when has NFS gone live?

Discussions about using and improving the new FamilySearch online application.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rmrichesjr wrote:Are you sure a barcode reader/scanner at the family file desk means anything? At the Portland Oregon Temple, family file ordinance cards have had barcodes since long before nFS rollout started. Wouldn't they have had barcode scanners at the family file desk to use those non-nFS barcoded cards?
That's possible. I haven't kept up with the system used at the family file desk.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

The 3 x 5 cards, as well as the name slips, all have barcodes. Sometimes you get one scanned just before you start an ordinance. Otherwise, they are probably scanned after the fact once each ordinance is completed.

So it might be possible then, that what one would be looking for, is a barcode scanner right at the desk where you pick up the cards at. And a printer right there as well, as it would be necessary to have a printer close by to print the cards you were to get from your 'Family Ordinance Request' when you brought that paper in after printing from NFS.

If anyone here is on NFS already, what have you seen if you have printed a request of NFS and then taken it to a temple also on NFS?
RonaldF-p40

Post by RonaldF-p40 »

JamesAnderson wrote:The 3 x 5 cards, as well as the name slips, all have barcodes. Sometimes you get one scanned just before you start an ordinance. Otherwise, they are probably scanned after the fact once each ordinance is completed.

So it might be possible then, that what one would be looking for, is a barcode scanner right at the desk where you pick up the cards at. And a printer right there as well, as it would be necessary to have a printer close by to print the cards you were to get from your 'Family Ordinance Request' when you brought that paper in after printing from NFS.

If anyone here is on NFS already, what have you seen if you have printed a request of NFS and then taken it to a temple also on NFS?
You can’t really tell by the equipment. The equipment may or may not be set up prior to the official priesthood announcement. The big difference is the software. The software is not normally installed until after the announcement. Ours was a week before the go live date. The announcement is the only true indicator. Ours was conducted by our Area Seventy with invitations to Priesthood leaders and family history consultants.
RonaldF-p40

Post by RonaldF-p40 »

Sam Burggraaf wrote:Temple Districts have been added to New FamilySearch as follows:

Jun. 26, 2007 - St. Louis, Missouri
Jul. 26, 2007 - Reno, Nevada
Aug. 28, 2007 - Billings, Montana
Aug. 28, 2007 - Orlando, Florida
Oct. 30, 2007 - Cardston Alberta, Canada
Oct. 30, 2007 - Albuquerque, New Mexico
Nov. 27, 2007 - San Diego, California
Dec. 4, 2007 - Fresno, California
Dec. 11, 2007 - Guatemala City, Guatemala
Dec. 11, 2007 - Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Dec. 18, 2007 - Villahermosa, Mexico
Fresno went live to the public on the 11th.
jeromer7

NFS at Winter Quarters Temple

Post by jeromer7 »

I received an official email notice today from Family Search Support:

"Beginning Tuesday, 15 January 2008, the new process for printing temple name cards using Family Ordinance Requests will be used in the Winter Quarters Nebraska Temple. New FamilySearch will be available to the general membership of the Church who live in the Winter Quarters Nebraska temple district early in the morning on the previous Saturday, January 12, 2008. No additional notice will be sent to priesthood leaders or members of the Church in the Winter Quarters Nebraska temple district concerning these dates."
JLR
BradJackman-p40

NFS rollout table

Post by BradJackman-p40 »

I just got this from a friend, not sure how accurate it is, but it seems at least as accurate as the google map posted earlier. Both are great. This one is easier for me to read and use on a daily basis for my clients.

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com ... llout.html
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

We have been told that the New FS will be in the Las Vegas temple district in February. I have already received some preliminary posts on this as a Family History Consultant.
RobertRaymondUT-p40

Accuracy of Lists

Post by RobertRaymondUT-p40 »

BradJackman wrote:I just got this from a friend, not sure how accurate it is, but it seems at least as accurate as the google map posted earlier. ...
I've found Mile's map and Renee's table to be accurate for publicly known English speaking temples. Another in that same category is "Temple Districts Using New FamilySearch," at ancestryinsider.blogspot.com. The link is on the right-hand side. Or go directly to

http://ancestryinsider.blogspot.com/200 ... earch.html

--Robert
zaneclark

Las Vegas NFS

Post by zaneclark »

zaneclark wrote:We have been told that the New FS will be in the Las Vegas temple district in February. I have already received some preliminary posts on this as a Family History Consultant.
The latest information is that the nFS will be available in Las Vegas on Saturday, February 23rd, with the temple using the new process on the following Tuesday, February 26th.
zaneclark

nFS Delayed....

Post by zaneclark »

Just received word from SL that the opening of the nFS in the Las Vegas temple district has been delayed due to "unresolved issues. No new date given...

Return to “FamilySearch Family Tree Application”