Family Tree up and down today

Discussions about using and improving the new FamilySearch online application.
drepouille

Family Tree up and down today

Post by drepouille »

Our bishop had asked my wife to demonstrate Family Tree for our fifth Sunday lesson today. We had a laptop and projector set up in the Relief Society room, and everything was working perfectly until the opening prayer at 1:40 p.m. CST. Then Family Tree went down, and my wife had to seriously ad lib and tap dance for 45 minutes.

The really weird thing was that others in the room were using their smart phones and tablets to login to Family Tree just fine while my wife could not do so on her laptop.

We probably should have come prepared with a slideshow just in case a live demo was not possible, but we just never expected Family Tree to crash just as the lesson began.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Family Tree up and down today

Post by russellhltn »

Our youth had a similar experience visiting the FHC for an introduction. Not sure what FS was doing, but perhaps a 5th Sunday brought an unusual surge in use?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

drepouille wrote:but we just never expected Family Tree to crash just as the lesson began.
It may not have been Family Tree. I might have been your building WiFi network. On the other hand, our entire stake did a Family History lesson today, so we may have caused it.

The Presidency of the Seventy requested that a special lesson be taught during a combined third hour before the end of the year, and every ward in our stake thought there were only combined third hours on fifth Sundays.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:It may not have been Family Tree. I might have been your building WiFi network.
Our FHC machines are hard-wired. I was able to get in, but in clicking around got "service unavailable".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

When I got home I called Family Search support. The CSM said that none of the support missionaries could get into Family Tree, either.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “FamilySearch Family Tree Application”