confirmation date for previously excommunicated member

Discussions about using and improving the new FamilySearch online application.
luvmy8dz-p40

confirmation date for previously excommunicated member

Post by luvmy8dz-p40 »

I'm not completely sure if this is the appropriate place for this thread but here goes anyway. I have a member in my ward who was at one time excommunicated, has since been re-baptized and is now trying to use the new Family Search. But when she attempts to submit her confirmation date, it is rejected as not matching her record number but her old confirmation date--which is no longer valid due to the excommunication--works for her. Why does this happen and how can it be remedied?
opee

Post by opee »

luvmy8dz wrote:I'm not completely sure if this is the appropriate place for this thread but here goes anyway. I have a member in my ward who was at one time excommunicated, has since been re-baptized and is now trying to use the new Family Search. But when she attempts to submit her confirmation date, it is rejected as not matching her record number but her old confirmation date--which is no longer valid due to the excommunication--works for her. Why does this happen and how can it be remedied?

When someone is rebaptized, their ORIGINAL baptism and confirmation date is in effect (NOT the "new" rebaptism/reconfirmation), as if nothing had happened. The original one should be used for accessing FamilySearch, because that is the one on the member's record.

Aren't the Gospel and the Atonement great!?

Return to “FamilySearch Family Tree Application”