Seeing entire family line

Discussions about using and improving the new FamilySearch online application.
npnuttall

Seeing entire family line

Post by npnuttall »

I am wondering why I can never see my husband's pedigree when I am logged in. We often like to work on our geneology together, but can't see what each other is working on, even though all of his family should still show on mine since we are married. Is there any way to have that show? Also, are they every going to allow younger than 8 to have an LDS acocunt. We want to open one for our daughter so she can start working on family history as well as all the other LDS.org stuff, but she can't have an account.
Thanks.
Naomi
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Seeing entire family line

Post by jdlessley »

The living are not automatically linked together even though you are married. You must manually add your spouse to your family tree. Once you have added your spouse you will be linked and be able to see your spouse's family history tree. This is true for any living relatives. You must add them manually.

[Moderator note: Your second question is best asked in the LDS Account forum. Each thread is limited to one topic; and the topic of a thread should be appropriate for the forum in which it is placed. Please follow the Code of Conduct which states, "Do not start a new topic in an existing thread; instead start a new thread." This makes it easier for others to follow the topic discussion and to search for topics.]
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “FamilySearch Family Tree Application”