Family Tree Technology Development

Discussions about using and improving the new FamilySearch online application.
MainTour

Family Tree Technology Development

Post by MainTour »

I have a general question about the new Family Tree program in FamilySearch.org.

I would like to know what technologies are driving that. That way myself, my children and many other aspiring programers in the church can gear up on the applicable software packages and be of greater assistance to build, maintain, support and expand on it.

I am most impressed with the dragable pedigree chart which acts similar to Google Maps but yet is different. Like Google Maps I'm guessing it is using a powerful JavaScript driver. But what is different is that Google Maps is manipulating image tiles, and F/T looks to be building an expanding and changing a chart on the fly.

And that interface looks to be a whole generation beyond the google maps app.

Also Google has made publicly available the code to interface with their maps API and hence many users are able to create customized map displays and also to boost the Google Brand. Is there something similar in the works for the Family Tree API? (I don't know what else to call that driver.)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Family Tree Technology Development

Post by russellhltn »

The developers don't hang out here. You'd go better to head over to https://devnet.familysearch.org/.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “FamilySearch Family Tree Application”