Is it Possible

Discussions about using and improving the new FamilySearch online application.
wrigjef

Is it Possible

Post by wrigjef »

Would it be possible for a non-member to set up an LDS account, create "my family" on new.familysearch then create a fan chart by using their LDS login at createfan.com? As a member I can do this just fine but wanted to know if a non-member could as well
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

wrigjef wrote:Would it be possible for a non-member to set up an LDS account, create "my family" on new.familysearch then create a fan chart by using their LDS login at createfan.com? As a member I can do this just fine but wanted to know if a non-member could as well

Not at this point. As you can read in the Registration Help page, use of New FamilySearch is restricted to member of the Church. Although a nonmember can create an LDS Account, and that account can be used to sign in to the main FamilySearch site, it cannot be used to sign in to New FamilySearch (and so they clearly can't create a fan chart, since that depends on access to New FamilySearch).

New FamilySearch will gradually be made available to nonmembers this year, but it is not currently open to them.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
misbach

Re: Is it Possible

Post by misbach »

non-members now have access to Family Tree at FamilySearch.org and can now create their fan chart.

Return to “FamilySearch Family Tree Application”