Family History Library Catalog IE7 Problem

User avatar
garysturn
Senior Member
Posts: 608
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:10 am
Location: Draper, Utah, USA
Contact:

Family History Library Catalog IE7 Problem

Postby garysturn » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:25 am

Place searches in the Library Catalog do not display results when using Internet Explorer 7. I have tried both a Windows XP computer using Internet Explorer 7 and a Vista computer using Internet Explorer 7. With IE7 now included as a recommended update on Windows Update, is there anything in the works to fix this problem. Or is there some other reason it is not working on the computers I have tried it on. I posted this problem in the FamilySearch forum but got no answers.

I have Firefox on both machines and the place results display fine in Firefox.
Gary Turner
If you haven't already, please take a moment to review our new
Code of Conduct

User avatar
bhofmann-p40
Member
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Tulsa, OK
Contact:

Postby bhofmann-p40 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:29 am

I'm in web development for my profession and we have been forced to jump through design hurdles because of the differences between IE6 and IE7. Normally it has not taken too much time.

User avatar
greenwoodkl
Member
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:59 am
Location: Orem, Utah, United States
Contact:

Postby greenwoodkl » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:55 am

No problems here. I have Win XP and IE7. I went through a place search and went several layers through my results with no display issues. It may be the individual machines.

BlackRG
Member
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:31 pm
Location: Orem, UT, USA
Contact:

Postby BlackRG » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:43 am

How long did you wait for results? I noticed a significant delay before results were displayed.

I reset all of my security settings back to default and couldn't reproduce the problem either.

Might want to make sure your java installation is updated and working properly as well.

User avatar
garysturn
Senior Member
Posts: 608
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:10 am
Location: Draper, Utah, USA
Contact:

I found the problem

Postby garysturn » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:03 pm

I found the problem, it is not IE7 that is the problem. I had installed an IE7pro Ad filter and it is filtering the results as if they were display ads. The Church must use banner boxes similar to Ad banners to display their results. When I disabled the filter the pages display fine. I had the filter on both computers. Thanks for your help, your comments made me suspect the Ad filter.
Gary Turner
If you haven't already, please take a moment to review our new
Code of Conduct


Return to “FamilySearch Products”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest