Temple Ready Ordinance card address and telephone info incorrect

W4yjc

Temple Ready Ordinance card address and telephone info incorrect

Postby W4yjc » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:22 am

A member has printed out a number of Temple Ready Ordinance Cards in preparation for taking those names to the temple. He notes that his address and telephone number is incorrect and not the information that is displayed on his membership record in MLS.

Does anyone have an explanation for this or are there others who are experiencing the same problem? Could it be that the database used for the Ordinance Cards is not being updated from the main membership database.

This member {as I'm sure there are many others} received an email asking him to be sure his contact information was correct on his membership record to facilitate the usage of the new Ordinance cards.

aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Temple Ready Ordinance card address and telephone info incorrect

Postby aebrown » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:54 pm

The address and phone number printed on temple cards generated by a Family Ordinance Request came from the person's FamilySearch profile, which might not match the membership record. My phone number and address match in both places, so it would be hard for me to tell for sure if that's true for ordinance cards that are printed directly. But it would be good to check that information (by signing in to FamilySearch.org, clicking on the user's name, choosing Settings, and then Contact).

Return to “FamilySearch Products”