Thanks for the quick work on the search problem.

Ask questions and discuss topics of interest related to the FamilySearch wiki found at http://wiki.familysearch.org.

Moderator: ForbesMM

JamesAnderson

Thanks for the quick work on the search problem.

Post by JamesAnderson »

We were discussing search issues at the user group meeting today and while there, I found a 'common gray spider' type of bug.

For some reason, search was including all the discussion pages that had 'back-office' types of discussions about what to put in, etc., and that was coming up as the top search result.

Search term: Portal england

Hit 'search'. Got those discussion pages at the top of the results, apparently the 'portal' doesn't get into the results so the portal doesn't come up.

Tried it with exact match, same results.

I indicated I would send a feedback when I got home, it's a two hour or better trip back, aggravated tonight by snow going over the point about 430pm.

I got home and found someone beat me to it. Whoever it was, thanks for getting the fix done. We may not be completely there, but we've found the issue anyway, and we should be able to refine things from there to get the rest of the wiki search to work properly from there regarding the issue of what we want search to include in results.
RitcheyMT

You're welcome

Post by RitcheyMT »

I'm not sure who on our development team did this, but you're welcome. (I'm guessing it was Chris Johnson.) That's the main reason we made this forum -- to get good feedback from folks like you, and to show when we responded to it so users would know that we were listening to their suggestions.

Return to “FamilySearch Wiki”