For my examples, I will use:
- Select any text above the table of contents (TOC) without any problem.
- Select any text below the TOC and you see all sorts of strange behavior. Sometimes:
- You are selecting text elsewhere (like in the TOC).
- You are selecting text starting where the mouse is and ending up in the TOC.
- You are selecting text from the mouse toward the end.
- You are selecting text somewhere else (not visible).
- Moving the mouse causes the selection to change back and forth (like between #2 & #3).
I have noticed this quite a bit and have not really seen much consistency. However, I have not played with it long enough to try to find the consistency. I did not see any clue through the HTML.