Proposed change in time for usergroup meeting

Ask questions and discuss topics of interest related to the FamilySearch wiki found at http://wiki.familysearch.org.

Moderator: ForbesMM

RitcheyMT

Proposed change in time for usergroup meeting

Post by RitcheyMT »

We are not getting out of the usergroup meeting room in time, which affects other classes scheduled right after us at 3:00. I plan to add another half hour to the meeting so we can have a full hour of discussion and then have a half hour where users can talk collaboratively afterwards as we always do and have time to filter out of the room so we don't interfere with the next class. We can't push our meeting till 3:30 because of classes scheduled then, so I'm planning to start the meeting at 1:30 instead of 2:00. We'd plan to end the meeting at 2:30, speak collaboratively in small groups for awhile afterwards, and be out of there by at least 2:50.

Anybody know of a reason we shouldn't do this?
Thomas_Lerman

Post by Thomas_Lerman »

That may interfere with meetings that others may have or make it more difficult for some traveling. It seemed like we talked about parking vouchers for attendees last week. I forgot to ask about that today.
RitcheyMT

Post by RitcheyMT »

Thomas_Lerman wrote:That may interfere with meetings that others may have or make it more difficult for some traveling. It seemed like we talked about parking vouchers for attendees last week. I forgot to ask about that today.
Are you saying it'll make it harder for you to attend, Thomas?

Regarding parking, thanks for the reminder. I just e-mailed Joanne Hansen, Don Anderson's secretary, regarding how we might get parking vouchers for usergroup attendees.
Thomas_Lerman

Post by Thomas_Lerman »

For me, It may make it more difficult some times and easier at other times. It seems like I heard that some of the people that work there in the COB or JSMB had meetings right before that meeting. Maybe I am getting some wires crossed?

Thank you for checking into the parking vouchers. I am sure you will let us know today or tomorrow if you find anything out . . . including which lot(s) we could use. I am not sure what time I will head up there on Wednesday yet. I may go to the FHL before the meeting. I have been working on my SLC "to do" list a bit.
JBParker-p40

Time change

Post by JBParker-p40 »

Fine with me, Michael. Starting this week?
RitcheyMT

Post by RitcheyMT »

JBParker wrote:Fine with me, Michael. Starting this week?
No, a lot of the people who attend usergroup don't keep up with this forum. Therefore, I'll announce the change in usergroup and we'll do it the next week.
ForbesMM

Post by ForbesMM »

same location?
RitcheyMT

Post by RitcheyMT »

molliewog wrote:same location?
Indubitably. (I tried to answer "Yup," but the system wouldn't let me.) :D
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

ritcheymt wrote:Indubitably. (I tried to answer "Yup," but the system wouldn't let me.) :D
10 char. limit.

Return to “FamilySearch Wiki”