Meetinghouse Names

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
harddrive
Member
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:52 pm

Meetinghouse Names

Postby harddrive » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:48 pm

I just look at the training on setting up the firewall and the network inside of buildings. It is good information, but for me, as I do this for a living, was kind of boring.

However, in there it mentioned about the "names" of the type of buildings out there. I went to the website and noticed that the list was there. I was hoping that I could click on them to look at a floor plan so that I know what type of building I have in my stake.

I know two the don't meet the standard buildings as one is an old grocery store, that will be rebuilt from the ground up soon and the other is an old baptist church.

The other building, however, in my stake should be the standard buildings and I'm wondering what the names are of that type of building. So if someone has the floor plans for each of the buildings, it would be great to post them so that we know the names of our buildings.

Thanks.

lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 6139
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: US

Postby lajackson » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:29 pm

harddrive wrote:The other building, however, in my stake should be the standard buildings and I'm wondering what the names are of that type of building. So if someone has the floor plans for each of the buildings, it would be great to post them so that we know the names of our buildings.


Your FM Group will know the name of your type of building. Check with the high councilor responsible for FM and have him ask, if he does not already know the answer.

harddrive
Member
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:52 pm

Postby harddrive » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:53 pm

lajackson wrote:Your FM Group will know the name of your type of building. Check with the high councilor responsible for FM and have him ask, if he does not already know the answer.


Lajackson, thank you for the information. When I asked about the type of building from my FM group, I don't think they understood. Is there a place that I can get the different type of building and the names of them. I thought that I saw it out on the Internet or on this forum, but for the life of me, I can't find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

techgy
Community Moderators
Posts: 3174
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:48 pm
Location: California

Postby techgy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:43 am

harddrive wrote:Lajackson, thank you for the information. When I asked about the type of building from my FM group, I don't think they understood. Is there a place that I can get the different type of building and the names of them. I thought that I saw it out on the Internet or on this forum, but for the life of me, I can't find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.


You might try the CDOL.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?

harddrive
Member
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:52 pm

Postby harddrive » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:10 am

techgy wrote:You might try the CDOL.


Nope, I tried that and it only gives me the Church Directory of Leaders. It doesn't tell me the building type or anything about the buildings. It is just for unit leaders and organizations.

Thanks for the suggestion.

User avatar
johnshaw
Senior Member
Posts: 1838
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Syracuse, UT

Postby johnshaw » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:34 am

My FM had a hard time with this question as well, but I figured out that they use a floor plan to do inventory, that worked for me. when they faxed me copies of those floor-plans I found that they had the building type listed as well.

techgy
Community Moderators
Posts: 3174
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:48 pm
Location: California

Postby techgy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:43 am

harddrive wrote:Nope, I tried that and it only gives me the Church Directory of Leaders. It doesn't tell me the building type or anything about the buildings. It is just for unit leaders and organizations.

Thanks for the suggestion.


The CDOL does provide some information relative to the type of building, but it's limited. The building "Type" is listed under General Information.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?

User avatar
johnshaw
Senior Member
Posts: 1838
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Syracuse, UT

Postby johnshaw » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:47 am

I see in CDOL only that a type is either stake or ward....

techgy
Community Moderators
Posts: 3174
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:48 pm
Location: California

Postby techgy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:56 am

JohnShaw wrote:I see in CDOL only that a type is either stake or ward....


That's correct. Additional information such as floor plans, etc, should be available from your FM group.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?

jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 1454
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:12 am
Location: Farmington, UT, USA

Postby jonesrk » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:06 am

techgy wrote:The CDOL does provide some information relative to the type of building, but it's limited. The building "Type" is listed under General Information.

That really is the organization type, not the building type. In some areas that may change the "Type" of building the unit would be in, but I wouldn't think that is generally true.
Ryan Jones
CDOL Developer
Stake Technology Specialist - Software / Stake Assistant Clerk
Former Ward Clerk


Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest