What is the cost for the Cisco Firewall?

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
rmcphie-p40

Post by rmcphie-p40 »

Hi,

I have been working with the Stake President and Stake Clerk to order the Cisco ASA 5505 Firewall from ldscatalog.com for a new DSL line for a meetinghouse with 2 wards. This thread seems to indicate that the $500 firewall cost is covered by church HQ, but our Stake Clerk says church distribution simply told him the cost was $500+tax. Since the thread I mentioned is a few years old, I thought I'd ask if those policies have changed in more recent years/months.

Will the stake truly end up with a net $500+tax charge for placing this order?

(If so, that may be a deal-breaker for us)

Thanks,
Robert

PS I have found these forums to be of great help to me, so thanks again!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rmcphie wrote:I thought I'd ask if those policies have changed in more recent years/months.
If it has, this is the first that I've heard of it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dan2pat

Post by dan2pat »

We just ordered one for our stake and as far as I can see we didn't get charged for anything. Distribution said we wouldn't be charged.

Danny
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

rmcphie wrote:our Stake Clerk says church distribution simply told him the cost was $500+tax.

Will the stake truly end up with a net $500+tax charge for placing this order?
The Church-managed Firewall item on ldscatalog.com (visible only with a stake login) has a list price of $500, but at the bottom of the description it says in bold letters: "Your unit will not be charged for this item." My stake has ordered one, and indeed there was no charge.
SheffieldTR
Community Moderators

Post by SheffieldTR »

Just to confirm, THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR A CHURCH-MANAGED FIREWALL!
Troy
rmcphie-p40

Thanks!

Post by rmcphie-p40 »

Thank you all for your speedy replies! I was hoping for just such an answer...

I will communicate this info to the Stake Clerk, and I am confident we will be able to move forward now.

These forums are great!

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”