Securing Modem/Firewall

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jworth wrote:I would assume that most ward buildings are the same all over the world in that the clerks' office is locked so I put our modem and firewall on the top of the cabinets there. You have to have a clerks' key to get in.
At the moment it's being installed for the Family History "workroom" (unofficial FHC). I'm assuming there will be need for access to reboot the modem on occasion. Plus, the building has 3 clerk's offices. I don't think they will want to hand out keys to the office to the FH workers or other wards just to reboot the modem.

Very few people need physical access to the devices, but several may need to reboot them. That's why I'm looking tor a locking cabinet rather then trying to find a suitable room. It also simplifies the wiring.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jworth-p40

Post by jworth-p40 »

I guess that is the luxury we have out here in the midwest is that we only have one ward meeting in the building.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”