TM not showing 1041 access point controllers

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
johnshaw

Re: TM not showing 1041 access point controllers

Post by johnshaw »

well, looky there. Note to self, stop chrome, clear cache everytime I access a web page in the future :)
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
tlhackett
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by tlhackett »

The announcement in TM has been updated. If you have firewalls that are still not connecting to the Internet and/or TM shows it as offline, please follow the instructions and let us know if it works. The instructions can also be found here
maplemedic

Post by maplemedic »

Thank you
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

I received the instructions via email and have to assume it went out to all the STS's.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Mikerowaved wrote:I received the instructions via email and have to assume it went out to all the STS's.
They did, but the email does not include the additional instructions from this morning in case the pinhole reset does not work (various version of reboot with or without cables in ports 1-4 attached).

As do others, I hope they get this figured out quickly. One of our problem units is up in an attic and it takes quite an operation to get to it. I would make the FM Group do it, but they are three hours away. So we are relying on industrious deacons to do it for us.
maplemedic

Post by maplemedic »

Fortunately our firewalls are easy to get to. Access points. That's another issue
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

maplemedic wrote:Fortunately our firewalls are easy to get to.
Most of ours are easy to get to, once you travel 50 miles to get to them.
maplemedic

Post by maplemedic »

I hear you!!!!
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Many, I remember those days, 9 meetinghouses, some 2 hours away.... nobody on site I'd want with a paperclip anywhere near the firewall.... good luck to you all, I'll be swinging by my stake completing it in under an hour.....
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
danpass

Post by danpass »

johnshaw wrote: I don't see this message in TM, nor do I see a helpful message on the webcast portal. I also didn't receive a message sent to clerks and STS that issues were going on. Just once, just one time I'd love to get a message from the church when issues are being experienced like this to let us know it's a problem at CHQ. Many STS likely spent an hour or two troubleshooting on their own... It would be nice, for once, to be treated like customers or clients.
As STS, I received the e-mail yesterday. But additionally, a few minutes ago. a sister from the Global Service Center called me to see if I received the e-mail and check if we need any support. I don't know if I got the call because one of our buildings is reporting offline in TM, or if the are calling all STS's.

At least in our case, I feel very well informed and supported.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”