TM not showing 1041 access point controllers

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
maplemedic

Re: TM not showing 1041 access point controllers

Post by maplemedic »

Wow!! At the time of this reply (0850 hrs) its the same with our buildings - every 1041 is not connected. The one Meraki access point is showing up just fine. Thanks for the information.
CleggGP
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CleggGP »

The meetinghouse wireless networks are likely functional, but Technology Manager is reporting Cisco APs as "Disabled" if the APs cannot find a wireless network controller. Even though a controller "Not found" message is flashing in TM, the APs are likely allowing normal network connections. While Cisco APs cannot be "Enabled/Disabled" in TM when a controller is "Not found," the MH wireless networks should be functional. Steps are being taken by CHQ to resolve the current issue.
Last edited by CleggGP on Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
maplemedic

Post by maplemedic »

I'm not sure that I agree since the access point in our stake offices was dropping connections and having a hard time reconnecting. It was it reliable. It's good to know that CHQ is aware and is trying to fix rhe issue. Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It looks like the problem has gone back to "normal". Which is to say that some APs are showing as having problems, but it's no longer stake-wide/100%.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
maplemedic

Post by maplemedic »

Yes you are correct. I called too late today to talk to the it people in CHQ. Thank you
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I did some testing this evening. I wasn't able to find any lack of connectivity on APs that do not show correctly in TM. If anything, connecting to TM via the AP tends to fix the problem.

I think the connectivity issue should be re-checked on Sunday. It's possible it was related to a separate data center problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
maplemedic

Post by maplemedic »

Thanks

I have one that is continually blinking red green amber that I need to get addressed
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

LED codes can be found here.

maplemedic

Post by maplemedic »

Thank you
CleggGP
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CleggGP »

CHQ fixed the issue that prevented Cisco APs from accessing the wireless network controllers. Now most MH APs have reestablished controller connections.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”