How to Obtain Broadband

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
alextovey-p40

How to Obtain Broadband

Post by alextovey-p40 »

Hi,
I am wondering how I am able to get broadband for my ward, I am the ward clerk and we currently have dail-up which is running at 4kbs. Any ideas? I have tested the dail-up line and thats all I can get even with my laptop. does anyone know how to get broadband for my ward. I am new to the calling so not sure of which channel to go through.

thanks

Alex
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The information you need is .pdf]here. Note that this is a stake president's decision.

If you're only getting 4kbs on your phone line, something is very wrong with it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
alextovey-p40

Post by alextovey-p40 »

brillliant thanks for the info. i shall get on to my stake president's clarck about this issue. as im sure it is the copper wire they still use for phone lines here, :D
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

alextovey wrote:brillliant thanks for the info. i shall get on to my stake president's clarck about this issue. as im sure it is the copper wire they still use for phone lines here, :D
You should still get 39 or 42 kbps, even on copper wire.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:The information you need is .pdf]here. Note that this is a stake president's decision.

That information is only for the US and Canada and does not apply to the UK (the person asking the question is located there).

The Meetinghouse Internet article on the wiki says:
Area presidencies outside the US and Canada wishing to have Internet access installed in meetinghouses in their area should start by contacting the meetinghouse technology team at MHI@ldschurch.org.

That sounds like a bigger project that goes well beyond the stake president, but it would appear that the stake president could contact the area presidency to get the process started.

Also, the Introduction to Meetinghouse Internet article on clerk.lds.org contains a tantalizing link that is supposed to go to "Notice to Area Leaders Outside the United States and Canada (December 1)" , but unfortunately it goes to the wrong letter. But perhaps if you can find someone with access to that letter, that might also give some helpful hints.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”