We continue to have intermittent problems accessing LDS.org from meetinghouses. This has previously been discussed here https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=20987
but that thread is so old and long I thought I would start a new one to summarize it. If this is not appropriate let me know.
Here are the symptoms:
- LDS.org is not accessible, but all other websites are.
- Some LDS.org subsites are accessible if accessed directly.
- LDS.org is accessible if the meetinghouse firewall is bypassed.
- This only occurs Sunday mornings.
- This only occurs when Comcast is the internet provider.
- The consensus seems to be that the problem must be due to a combination of factors between Comcast, Church, and/or Akamai equipment.
Has anyone else continued to experience this problem? I talked to Comcast support yesterday while it was occurring but they were unable to log in to the modem to check things. Our modem is old and they will be swapping it out this week. Perhaps that will affect the issue, but they have opened a level 2 ticket anyway. If anyone has any information to pass on to them when they contact me please comment.