Speedtest.lds.org License Expired

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
dwpage

Speedtest.lds.org License Expired

Post by dwpage »

When trying to visit speedtest.lds.org I get an expired license message. I have attached screenshot.
Capture2.PNG
(102.1 KiB) Not downloaded yet
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Speedtest.lds.org License Expired

Post by lajackson »

dwpage wrote:When trying to visit speedtest.lds.org I get an expired license message.
I have been getting that for nearly a year now. I use other sites to run speedtests, although I realize they are not representative of the response I will get from Church sites.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

lajackson wrote:...although I realize they are not representative of the response I will get from Church sites.
I'm not sure that's entirely true. It's my opinion that the server assigned by the church to give speedtest responses was not positioned at a place where it could provide adequate bandwidth for decent results. I seriously doubt this was any representation of church servers in general.

Use speedtest.net from an unoccupied building for the best indication of what your building's throughput is.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Well, and I'm not sure as "church severs" has a single answer. For example, I'd think the biggest use of the lds speed test is to assess the speed for webcasting. But webcasting is now done though a commercial cloud system, not an actual server at CHQ, making the lds speedtest no longer as relevant as it once was.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”