Arris cable modems

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
drepouille

Arris cable modems

Post by drepouille »

Two weeks ago, our FM asked Cox to temporarily increase our Internet speed to 150 mbps. Since then, our Internet connection has dropped at least once per day. The firewall cannot upload statistics to TM, and I cannot use TM to ping or restart the firewall. The GSC told me this is certainly an ISP issue, and nothing is wrong with the firewall.

We all know that the 881W firewall has a top speed of 100 mbps, but didn't think that would be a problem. The FM replaced the Arris cable modem from Cox on Friday with another Arris cable modem. We lost the connection again on Saturday.

The FM returned the cable modem to Cox, and got a Cisco cable modem. Cox said that Arris cable modems sometimes have problems working with Cisco firewalls. Let's hope the problem is fixed.

Five days ago, I did a speed test using speedtest.net, which reported 30 mpbs download, and 15 mbps upload. Today (Sunday), I repeated the test, and got 45 mbps down, and 15 up.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”