WiFi connection sometimes requires network key

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
collincburton

WiFi connection sometimes requires network key

Post by collincburton »

I'm a family history consultant and I'm trying to get members onto the LDS access network. Usually, people connect to the network, a Web browser pops up, and they enter the global password "Pxxxxxxxx" and they connect without issue. However, sometimes before the network connects, it wants a security key before a web browser opens asking for the standard password. How do I get around this? I don't know what to put in for the security key.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: WiFi connection sometimes requires network key

Post by russellhltn »

Playing around in the manual config of Windows 7, it appears to call the password "security key". So assuming the device has latched onto the right network, I'd type in the password.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”